What’s new on equipment reports in Cheqroom
Which gear is used most? What are the busiest months and times in the gear cage? What months are the most hectic times in the gear cage? Those are some of the questions that every equipment manager should know the answer to. But you don’t have to worry if you don’t have the info 😉 With our latest update in Equipment reports, you will get those answers and much more.
Two new equipment reports
Item Current State report
- Did you ever need a snapshot of your inventory? Sometimes you need a quick overview of how many items are checked-out, in maintenance, flagged, or unavailable in a specific location, but you can’t find it.
- The current state report shows it all. A real-time snapshot of what’s going on in the gear cage.
- Get the report by location or category. This is especially useful if you manage large amounts of items in a category. Imagine you own 400 broadcast cameras in your inventory. You quickly need to check how many are checked out and flagged. Simply select the current State report, and within seconds, you will get those insights. Find out whether you’re running low in stock or if you need to plan maintenance for the flagged items earlier than expected.
Item Check-outs over time
- If you’re wondering how to optimize schedules and operations inside the gear cage, the check-outs over time report is your answer. With our new Check-outs over time, you can check how many items got checked in/out over a specific period.
- The Check-outs over time report will become your ally for operational decisions. Use this report to identify what days of the week you will need to hire an extra set of hands to support you with all the check-outs. Or decide the proper time to schedule maintenance due to lower activity.
- Pro-tip: Filter on categories. This shows the periods you ran low in stock. Perhaps next year you can rent extra items to cover the demand.
But we have a long list of reports in Cheqroom. Check which are the favorite reports of other equipment managers
Improvements all the way
Besides a new fresh look in our overview, here’s what’s new:
- A faster way to find the report you need
What’s your favorite report? Everyone has the one report they like the most, like a favorite ice cream flavor. But in the old long-list it was hard to find. Now you can mark your favorites in the overview and identify it faster next time.
- Favorite doesn’t mean the most used, right? It’s not like you will take that same ice cream flavor every time. For reports, we’ve added a column showing the number of views each report got during the last 30 days. That way, you know which reports are used the most.
- And to make it easier to find your reports again, we’ve added a search bar that will help you find the report you want within seconds. Search by typing the name or use our new filter option.
- Save your custom reports. We’ve noticed that customer reports are popular among our users. From now on you can save reports for future use. How cool is that? You can now create custom reports, assign filters, or group by fields and save them for future use. Make them private or public. Up to you. Once saved, you can check it anytime. Always with real-time data.
- Updated user permissions. Since you can now save custom reports, we need to ensure only the right user can play around with reports. That’s why we’ve updated user permissions so you can decide if a user can view, save or delete reports.
If you’ve been amazed already, keep reading because we’re not done yet.
Even better functionalities
- New utilization column. Do you know the most used piece of gear in your organization? Go to Cheqroom and check the new utilization column on reports. We now give you a percentage indication of the item’s usage during check-outs. Use this column to know what is gathering dust and what’s being used a lot.
- Group your item’s reports by fields. It is now possible to cross-check data between your item report with reservations or check-out. You can get a complete overview of item utilization, including custom fields in your reports. One option is that you can track the utilization of items in specific projects or classes.
- Export reports in Excel. Before, you were able to export reports in CSV format. Today, we are expanding this functionality by allowing you to export reports in Excel.
Check our latest whitepaper in which we highlight the value of equipment reports here.